Pauline Lockie is your progressive independent Councillor for the Damun/Stanmore ward, and former Deputy Mayor of Inner West Council. She was first elected to Council in 2017. Prior to that, she was a tireless fighter for our community as a founding member of the WestCONnex Action Group.
A track record of working for you
Pauline is passionate about liveable cities, local democracy, equality and sustainable development. As you Independent Councillor, Pauline has:
- Brought Pride Seats celebrating key LGBTIQ+ activists to the Inner West
- Led Council's opposition to 'religious freedom' laws that threaten hard-won rights for LGBTIQ+ people, women, people with disabilities, and more
- Worked with local businesses and creative industries to protect our main streets and industrial/creative spaces, and support our Covid-19 recovery
- Worked for improved public and active transport, lower traffic speeds on local streets, and the completion of the GreenWay
- Fought against the relaxation of tree protections
- Partnered with local organisations to launch the #RacismNotWelcome campaign, Council’s first Gender Equity Strategy, and ban sales of animal fur on Council land
- Taken action to improve our local parks and bring forward investment in roads and footpaths.
Pauline has also helped hundreds of people get the outcomes they need from Council, and remains dedicated to making the organisation and its processes more accessible to its residents.