I'll be tabling my last motion for this term of Council at our final meeting on Tuesday 23 November. It seeks to put Council's verge maintenance service on the agenda for next year's Budget, given the consistency of complaints we receive from residents over the warmer months, and the costs involved in increasing the service. As ever, I'd love to know what you think.Read more
On New Year's Eve 2017, I took a look back at the year that was in the Inner West. Topics covered include the election campaign and the Labor/Liberal (Laboral?) mayoralty power-sharing deal, WestConnex, Sydney Metro, planning proposals, and the work I'm doing with you to make sure our Inner West remains the best place in Sydney to live, work and play.Read more
Here's the how to vote flyer my volunteers and I are handing out at polling booths for the Inner West Council election on Saturday 9 September.Read more
INNER West Council candidate Pauline Lockie will run for Stanmore ward with a team of community-led independents to give voters a powerful alternative to the major parties, and bring accountability and transparency to local government.Read more
As a community-based Independent, I don't have the money or resources that political parties do. That's why I rely on great people like you to help power my grassroots campaign.
Every donation helps! For example:
- $50 could help pay for Google ads
- $150 could help pay for ads on Facebook and Instagram
- $250 could help print How-To-Vote flyers and get them into letterboxes before voting starts.
And of course, with more we can do more!
You can make a safe and secure only gift in minutes now. Use Paypal as a "Guest" if you don't have an account.Donate
Pauline Lockie is Deputy Mayor of Inner West Council, and your progressive independent Councillor for the Damun/Stanmore ward. She's running for re-election in the local government election on 4 December 2021 – and she'd love your support.
Re-elect Pauline Lockie
Pauline has been a Councillor at Inner West Council since 2017, and was elected Deputy Mayor in 2021. Prior to that, she was a tireless fighter for our community as a founding member of the WestCONnex Action Group.
She is passionate about liveable cities, local democracy, equality and sustainable development. And with your support at this election, Pauline will keep working to:
- Get our basic services on track
- Keep our local businesses and creative industries thriving
- Invest in our local parks, playgrounds, cycleways and public spaces
- Fixing destructive tree removal policies and restoring our local canopy
- Making sure you have a real say in decisions that affect you.
Early voting starts Monday 22 November. Election day is Saturday 4 December.
A track record of working for you
Since being elected, Pauline has:
- Brought Pride Seats celebrating key LGBTIQ+ activists to the Inner West
- Led Council's opposition to 'religious freedom' laws that threaten hard-won rights for LGBTIQ+ people, women, people with disabilities, and more
- Worked with local businesses and creative industries to protect our main streets and industrial/creative spaces, and support our Covid-19 recovery
- Worked for improved public and active transport, lower traffic speeds on local streets, and the completion of the GreenWay
- Fought against the relaxation of tree protections
- Partnered with local organisations to launch the #RacismNotWelcome campaign, Council’s first Gender Equity Strategy, and ban sales of animal fur on Council land
- Taken action to improve our local parks and bring forward investment in roads and footpaths.
Pauline has also helped hundreds of people get the outcomes they need from Council, and remains dedicated to making the organisation and its processes more accessible to its residents.