Pauline Lockie is your progressive independent Councillor for the Damun/Stanmore ward of Inner West Council. She's running for re-election in the local government elections on 4 September 2021 – and she'd love your support.
Meet Pauline Lockie
Pauline has been a Councillor at Inner West Council since 2017. Prior to that, she was tireless fighter for our community as a founding member of the WestCONnex Action Group.
In 2016, Pauline’s advocacy was recognised when she was named the Newtown electorate’s inaugural Local Woman of the Year.
She is passionate about liveable cities, local democracy, equality and sustainable development. Since being elected, Pauline has:
- Brought Pride Seats celebrating key LGBTIQ+ activists to the Inner West
- Led Council's opposition to 'religious freedom' laws that threaten hard-won rights for LGBTIQ+ people, women, people with disabilities, and more.
- Worked with local businesses and creative industries to protect our main streets and industrial/creative spaces, and support our Covid-19 recovery
- Fought against the relaxation of tree protections
- Partnered with local organisations to launch the #RacismNotWelcome campaign, Council’s first Gender Equity Strategy, and ban sales of animal fur on Council land
- Taken to improve safety and amenity in our local parks, and bring forward investment in roads and footpaths.
Pauline has also helped hundreds of people get the outcomes they need from Council, and remains dedicated to making the organisation and its processes more accessible to its residents.